Warren Promises To Fill The White House With Diversity Hires.
Elizabeth Warren is already talking about who she would hire in her cabinet after she gets elected. A lot of wishful thinking on her part. But she is proposing more than just firing off everyone that Trump hired, she wants to change the make-up of her cabinet and intends to be far more inclusive than Trump. She is talking of course about diversity hires. I guess wanting the best regardless of race or gender apparently is not inclusive enough...
"Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren pledged that if she's elected in November that she will fill at least half her Cabinet with women and "non-binary people," according to her Medium Post Wednesday.
"My administration will be committed to diversity and inclusion, starting on day one. I will:
- Build a Cabinet and senior leadership team that reflects the full diversity of America, including having at least 50% of Cabinet positions filled by women and non binary people.
- Ensure representation of LGBTQ+ people across all levels of government, including in leadership roles.
- Diversify recruitment to direct real resources toward attracting entry-level applicants for public service from HBCUs, Tribal Colleges and Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutions, and other minority-serving institutions, and reform high-level recruiting processes to attract diverse experienced hires into senior management positions.
- Create new paid fellowship programs for federal jobs for people from marginalized communities and low-income applicants, including formerly incarcerated individuals.
- Open up promotion pathways by requiring every federal agency to incorporate diversity as part of their core strategic plan and creating support networks through a government-wide mentorship program that centers Black and Brown employees.
- Recommit to President Obama’s efforts to raise the level of people with disabilities in federal service — and I will include federal contractors and internship programs too."
"Nonbinary individuals do not identify exclusively as male or female and are part of the fast-growing transgender movement."
Warren would have to beat Sanders and Biden which would be a feat in itself. She would also have to face off against a sitting president, Trump. This is a tall order. Last time Trump poked fun at Warren her whole identity fell apart, imagine if he was seriously going after her...