Get Ready For Some Changes Biden Signs 17 Executive Actions And Counting
We are now stuck with Biden for the next four years and he is not wasting any time trying to undo everything Trump accomplished for the last four years. He has already signed in over a dozen executive orders and has claimed there are many more to come. There is a lot of pressure on Biden to do everything he promised and he really doesn't have any excuses since the House and Senate are with him. If only Trump had the same opportunity.
- Biden is requiring the use of masks and social distancing in all federal buildings, on federal lands and by federal employees and contractors.
- Biden also is directing the government to rejoin the World Health Organization, which Donald Trump withdrew from.
- Biden will sign an executive order to rejoin the Paris climate accord, fulfilling a campaign pledge to get back into the global climate pact on Day One.
- A temporary moratorium on new Trump administration oil and gas leasing in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Biden is ending what is variously known as the “travel ban” or the “Muslim ban,” one of the first acts of the Trump administration.
- Biden is immediately ending the national emergency that Trump declared on the border in February 2018 to divert billions of dollars from the Defense Department to wall construction.
- Biden will order his Cabinet to work to preserve the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which has shielded hundreds of thousands of people who came to the country as young children from deportation since it was introduced in 2012.
- Biden is revoking one of Trump’s first executive orders, which declared that all of the roughly 11 million people in the country illegally are considered priorities for deportation.
- Biden is reversing a Trump plan to exclude people in the country illegally from being counted in the 2020 Census.
- Biden is also proposing legislation that would grant green cards and a path to citizenship to anyone in the United States before Jan. 1, 2021, an estimated 11 million people.
- Biden is asking the Education Department to extend a pause on federal student loan payments through at least Sept. 30.
- Housing foreclosures and evictions would be delayed until at least March 31, 2021.
- Overturning policies that block US funding for overseas programs linked to abortion
- Repeal a ban on military service by transgender Americans.
So it really looks like Biden's first day was just about erasing Trump. He could have just made this easier and just ordered 'undo everything Trump accomplished.' One of the big differences here is really foreign policy. Biden wants to open America up for migrants. He is practically inviting them here with this policy shift. Cue the caravans...