Texas Lawmaker Gives Strong Statement Against Anti-Gun Left
Texas Representative Matt Schaefer gave a rebuke to gun-hating liberals as well as the media that would leave a mark if it were a spanking.
Schaefer said in a series of statements on Twitter:
“Do something!” is the statement we keep hearing. As an elected official with a vote in Austin, let me tell you what I am NOT going to do.
I am NOT going to use the evil acts of a handful of people to diminish the God-given rights of my fellow Texans. Period. None of these so-called gun-control solutions will work to stop a person with evil intent.
I say NO to “red flag” pre-crime laws. NO to universal background checks. NO to bans on AR-15s, or high capacity magazines. NO to mandatory gun buybacks.
What can we do? YES to praying for victims. YES to praying for protection. YES to praying that God would transform the hearts of people with evil intent. YES to fathers not leaving their wives and children. YES to discipline in the homes.
YES to supporting our public schools. YES to giving every law-abiding single mom the right to carry a handgun to protect her and her kids without permission from the state, and the same for all other law-abiding Texans of age.
YES to your God-given, constitutionally protected rights. YES to God, and NO to more government intrusions.
New laws that loosen gun restrictions went into effect this week. The laws are designed to loosen restrictions on gun control and actually help protect our schools better.
- Allow licensed gun owners to have their firearms in their cars on school property
- Allow for school districts to have more school marshals
- Allow for some foster homes to be able to have firearms
- Ban homeowners or landlords of rental property from prohibiting residents from having firearms
- Prohibit residents from being charged with a crime for carrying a handgun during a disaster
- Allow people to carry weapons in places of worship