Panamanian Official Frustrated Biden Admin Caught Off Guard By...
She is not the only one frustrated with the Biden Admin... It looks like we haven't seen the last of the Haitian migrants. Panama foreign minister Erika Mouynes has been trying to warn everyone north of her that a huge wave is coming and they need to get ready for it. Mouynes claims 60k Haitians are on their way to the U.S.
"Panama foreign minister Erika Mouynes expressed frustration to Axios that the Biden administration seemed caught off guard by the Haitian migrant crisis because "we sounded the alarm when we should have."
Why it matters: The worst may still be coming. Mouynes said there are as many as 60,000 migrants — mostly Haitian — poised to make their way north to the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Panama is expecting more migrants to cross through the dangerous jungles of the Darién Gap this month than in all of 2019 — nearly 27,000, according to Panamanian government estimates provided to Axios.
- Mouynes is calling on the U.S. to help enforce a plan coordinated with countries in the region, saying, ultimately, "Let's recognize that they all are heading toward the U.S."
- The foreign minister wrapped up meetings Monday and Tuesday in Washington with Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and members of Congress, among others.
Mouynes expressed her exasperation to Axios after spending months warning leaders across the hemisphere of the impeding Haitian wave.
By the numbers: More than 85,000 migrants have passed through Panama since January — most of them Haitians.
- Roughly 20,000 to 25,000 Haitians have already made the trek to the U.S.-Mexico border, with most being allowed to enter the United States.
- Beyond those already admitted or deported back to Haiti, another 60,000 are most likely still on their way north, the minister said.
Seeing as how the Biden Administration has repeatedly failed at everything else, I am sure these Haitians will end up occupying another underpass somewhere until they are discovered by the media, at which point the Biden Admin will quickly release them into our country.